After I began decorating my home each season, I soon realized it was becoming costly and taking an enormous amount of work. Over the years, I’ve developed a better understanding of how to maximize a seasonal impact without breaking the bank, or my back.
Here are a few tricks I’ve learned along the way:
• Work around the existing colors in your home and limit yourself to adding only one seasonal color. This will give your decor a much more sophisticated and cohesive expression.
• Pumpkins, gourds, seasonal fruit, and fresh cut, “free” foliage is a great way to achieve an urban, farmhouse feel.
• To finish it off, remove your living room pillows and replace them with harvest colored pillows and a throw.
• Print off seasonal art to be hung and now you’ve transitioned your home in an afternoon!
• When Halloween arrives, you’ll be ready to welcome your ghoulish guests, by re-utilizing the pumpkins as candle holders, lighting a pathway to your door!